* Once your purchase is processed by paypal you will be redirected back to this page and you'll have the option to download the paper. We'll also send the paper to your paypal email address as proof of purchase.Download Paper
Guidelines for Economic Analysis Project
This project includes 1) a brief report analyzing the economics of the policy question, and 2) project presentation at the end of the semester.
Imagine now you are a consulting analyst to evaluate the environmental policies. For the topic, you can either select one of the following policies or decide your own. Keep in mind that the purpose of the project is to provide the ECONOMIC evaluation of environmental policies using the tools we learned from the course. The report should be no more than 5 double spaced pages. You need to have an abstract (around 100 words) that lays out your key findings.
The potential topics include:
1. In 2003, EPA launched the NOx Budget Trading Program that is similar in spirit to the successful sulfur dioxide emissions trading program. Analyze the economics of this program. http://www.epa.gov/airmarkets/programs/nox/index.html
2. Since 2005, Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands (BSAI) crab fisheries have been managed under the Crab Rationalization Program with a core component of Individual fishing quota system. Evaluate the success of the rationalization program in restoring economic efficiency to Alaskan crab fisheries. http://www.fakr.noaa.gov/sustainablefisheries/crab/crfaq.htm
3. Analyze the economics of the Bush administration proposal to allow drilling in the Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR). http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/14/bush.offshore/index.html
4. In February 2003, London began charging a 10 £ congestion toll for most motor vehicles traveling in central London. Analyze the economics of this congestion toll. You may want to compare the economic properties of this toll to other alternative congestion policies.
5. Follow the example in the class to design a contingent valuation.(emission reduction)
and please add work citied in the end of the report.
You are expected to present the project individually. The presentation can include, but not restricted to, the main objective of your project, the model you use, and the main findings. You can and should use slides containing subsections, bullets, and other tools to make the key points immediately clear to your audience.
The London Congestion Plan
Length: 4 pages (1100 Words)
The London Congestion Plan
Congestion is a huge problem in many cities across the globe. London is one of the most frequently visited cities in the world making it one of the congested cities across the globe. In 20003, the city administrators decided to introduce a charge where all motorists travelling in the central London had to pay a particular charge in order to discourage congestion within the city. The policy has been a success and has enabled the transport system of the city to contribute heavily to the total revenues collected in the city. This paper discusses the success that the system has brought to the city of London.