Research Paper 2
Directions: Choose one topic below.
1. Trace the development of the theology of Christ through the ancient ecumenical councils and reflect on how they developed the Church’s understanding of Jesus beyond the New Testament.
2. Examine the relationship between incarnation and atonement, focusing especially on Anselm’s idea of satisfaction.Due Date: Research Paper 2 is due to the Dropbox no later than Sunday 11:59 PM EST/EDT of Module 7. (This Dropbox basket is linked to Turnitin.)
Research Paper Guidelines: When preparing and writing the research papers, students must be attentive to the following basic requirements. There is a Research Paper Guideline Document in Doc Sharing. It is imperative that students read and follow these guidelines to ensure a good grade. Included in Doc Sharing is a Research Paper Self-Assessment Checklist to assist students in evaluating the quality of the paper before submitting it for grading. When preparing and writing the research papers, students must be attentive to the following basic requirements. It is imperative that students read and follow these guidelines to ensure a good grade.
1. 1) A research paper involves both the gathering of information and developing a student’s own interpretation of that information. The student must stay focused on his or her chosen topic and rely upon his or her sources for information about that topic. While a student’s own opinions about a topic are an important part of any research process, the student must be able to support his or her conclusions by direct reference to sources.
2. 2) The writing must be clear, logical, and as free of spelling and grammatical errors as possible. A student should never submit a paper without rereading and proofing it. It may even be necessary to get someone to assist in this process by having him or her read the paper and check for mistakes. The student should not fail to run spell-check on his or her writing.Please remember that easily correctable spelling and grammatical mistakes left uncorrected will result in significant loss of points.
3. 3) This paper requires MLA formatting that includes:1. 12-point font2. double-spaced sentences3. title and personal identification4. a separate works cited page properly formatted5. specific bibliographical form for print and electronic sources in your works cited6. a specific form for parenthetical (in-text) citations of the sources listed in your works cited###bb###
4. 4) The works cited must include no less than four sources. Those sources must be relevant to the topic and meet minimum academic qualifications. The acceptable types of sources include the following:1. class text2. print or electronic book3. electronic, peer-reviewed journal article4. website with a .edu address
5. 5) Certain sources do not qualify for works cited. You will be penalized if you use them. These are:
2. standard dictionary or encyclopedia (Web or paper)
3. any website not .edu4###bb###
6) For every source listed in the works cited, a student must have at least one corresponding parenthetical (in-text) reference. This will demonstrate how a student has used the source.The student should remember that any source not accompanied by at least one parenthetical reference (and any parenthetical reference not associated with a source in your works cited) will not count towards the minimum number of required sources
Research Paper 2 Directions: Choose One Topic Below.
Length: 15 pages (3000 Words)
Outline the development of the Christian doctrine of the Trinity from the New Testament Church to the Nicene Creed.
Various attempts have been made to understand the nature of Godhead in the history of Christianity. The issue of trinity has brought a lot of controversies. Some are supporting the trinity while others are against the concept of trinity. For example, the concept of monotheism while at the same time acknowledging distinct personalities of the Godhead as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit have been a cause of controversies and dissensions in the church history. In spite of this, the doctrine of Trinitarians remains one of the most widely embraced Christian doctrines to date (Dünzl 33). The idea of trinity has also been used by other religions such as the Muslims who use the idea to fight the Christian religion. They argue that Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit cannot posses equal power.
* Once your purchase is processed by paypal you will be redirected back to this page and you'll have the option to download the paper. We'll also send the paper to your paypal email address as proof of purchase.Download Paper