Assume that you are the IT manager for a small, private business. You
have been asked to submit a budget for the upcoming fiscal year. After
extensive thought, you have decided to include implementation of a voice
over IP (VoIP) telephone system in your budget request. By implementing
a VoIP system, you believe you can dramatically lower your monthly
landline telephone expenditures and provide useful, sophisticated
unified communications services. Your current telephony environment
consists of 120 landlines supplied by the local telephone company. The
local telephone company also supplies voicemail and related services,
which brings your total expenditure to $7,500 per month. However, there
are costs associated with implementing a VoIP system; these costs
include necessary hardware, software, consulting services, and training.
For this task, you must research VoIP technology and associated costs
to complete your budget request, and then perform a cost-benefit
analysis to bolster your argument for implementing a VoIP system.
A. Complete the attached “Budget Request.”
Note: Use your research findings to complete the attached “Budget Request.”
1. Discuss the constituent costs for each of the highlighted cells based on your research.
B. Complete the attached “Cost-Benefit Analysis” for the VoIP project to support your budget request.
1. Explain your cost-benefit analysis, including the following:
• Direct costs
• Indirect costs
• Benefits (financial and non-quantifiable)
2. Determine how many years it will take before the VoIP project will show a return on investment.
Protecting Investment Venture In It From Risks
Length: 8 pages (2301 Words)
MAT TASK 1
The best way one can offer protection to any investment venture in IT from the risks that hit them when there is an economic downtown is basically to make it somehow difficult for the risk factor to succeed. In other words, one should build a business case that is compelling starting from day one. That means the business can demonstrate clearly improved productivity, cost savings and increased revenue (Minoli & Minoli, 2012). This makes it difficult for the project to be classified under the same category with a number of projects that are postponed or cancelled during the downturn by the business leaders.
* Once your purchase is processed by paypal you will be redirected back to this page and you'll have the option to download the paper. We'll also send the paper to your paypal email address as proof of purchase.Download Paper