* Once your purchase is processed by paypal you will be redirected back to this page and you'll have the option to download the paper. We'll also send the paper to your paypal email address as proof of purchase.Download Paper
1. Discuss the three Cs that lay out principles for success in service-learning. For each, identify the challenges presented in executing them for both community partners and student learners. Which of the 3 do you think is most important and why?
2. As far as commitment goes, do you think your community partner would describe it the same as the partners interviewed for this chapter? What does your level of commitment look like and do you think that the writers accurately describe the key elements of commitment?
3. How important is communication to the success of service-learning? What practices have you and your project partner for this class developed to foster good communication? How do you think WVU’s Center for Service and Learning helps facilitate the good communication necessary to make service-learning successful? Talk about how faculty involvement is important in the process... if you’ve had another service-learning course in the past, was the instructor involved? Did that help the project succeed?
4. What significance does compatibility have for service-learning? Discuss some of the ways the authors and the organizations they interviewed describe indicators of good compatibility. What are all the components of the project that need to be compatible?
Principles For Success In Service Learning
Length: 3 pages (848 Words)
Principles for Success in Service Learning
The Cs that Lay out Principles for Success in Service Learning
The three Cs of service learning comprise commitment, communication and compatibility. The term commitment refers to the dedication that one puts in an activity, in this case it is learning. Communication, on the other hand, refers to exchange of information through various channels. Lastly, compatibility refers to a possibility of an activity to take place in a harmonious manner. Execution of these Cs has challenges. To begin with, in the case of commitment, the main challenge is the period set for the semesters. Commitment works better over a long period; since the semester is short, this poses a challenge in the service learning. The other challenge refers to the flexibility needed especially when public meetings take place.