· Write TWO Essays: Answer Question 1, and a question from Part B. Each question has several parts: be sure to answer all component parts of the essay question. Write each essay separately, and add the question number at the start of the essay. Do not combine your responses to the questions into one essay.
· Format: double spaced, 10-12 font, 1-inch margins. Add a separate title page with your name. Citation format: Use either footnotes or in-text citations to refer to your sources. The essays should be about 8- 10 pages in length (total for both essays)
· These are integrative essays: the best approach is to use/draw from all of the assigned readings (books/articles) to demonstrate how they relate to the question.
· Use/cite all relevant sources from the assigned readings (Yergin, Michael Bradshaw, articles, notes, and other assigned readings). Successful exams must document the use of course sources in completing each essay. Use of sources that are not assigned in this course is strongly discouraged.
· Your own evaluation/opinion is important, but do not neglect to engage with and include the assigned readings that are relevant
A: Complete this question 1. Bradshaw’s Global Energy Dilemmas: What are the main differences in the experiences of energy dilemmas across the four types of countries described in Bradshaw’s book? What accounts for differences in the energy intensity, and carbon intensity of economic growth, across regions and over time? What are the implications of these patterns for the adoption of renewable energy sources across the four regions? Based on the evidence in the book, what predictions can you make about energy and climate change policies across the four regions?
PART B: Do one question from the list below
2. Nuclear power: Much was expected of nuclear technology, and nuclear power makes an important contribution to global energy production. What are the advantages nuclear power as a source of energy? What are the risks and limitations? What are the technological, policy and political challenges that would need to be addressed in order to overcome these obstacles? Is nuclear energy a viable option for developing countries? In your estimation, what are the prospects for an expansion of the use of nuclear power?
3. Renewable Energy: What are the pros and cons of the recent efforts to expand the use of renewable energy? What are the economic and technological obstacles that would need to be overcome in order to expand their use? In your estimation, what are the most effective policies that could be adopted to overcome these obstacles? Is renewable energy a viable alternative for developing countries? Be sure to discuss all of the renewable energy technologies and policy measures.
4. Energy and Technology: ‘New technologies have greatly aided the expansion of global energy supplies like oil, natural gas and coal’. Write an essay that describes the application of technologies in global energy (e.g. oil, gas, coal, nuclear, renewables). In your estimation, what have been the areas of greatest advance? What continue to be the areas of greatest limitation
Political Science Exam
Length: 8 pages (2200 Words)
Political Science Exams
What are the main differences in the experiences of energy dilemmas across the four types of countries described in Bradshaw’s book?
The central argument of the book is the differences in the nature of energy dilemma facing four state regions and the relationship between environment, energy, and economy. Bradshaw’s central contention is that there is ‘a governance void at the interface between energy security, globalisation, and climate change’ (p. 191). The author uses a typology that ‘stresses the interplay between the relative position of a particular region or state in the global economy, including its energy endowment and status as energy-rich or energy-poor and energy importer or exporter’ (p. 48).
* Once your purchase is processed by paypal you will be redirected back to this page and you'll have the option to download the paper. We'll also send the paper to your paypal email address as proof of purchase.Download Paper