Using the regression results and the other computations from Assignment P1, determine the market structure in which the low-calorie frozen, microwavable food company operates.
Use the Internet to research two (2) of the leading competitors in the low-calorie frozen, microwavable food industry, and take note of their pricing strategies, profitability, and their relationships within the industry (worldwide).
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Outline a plan that will assess the effectiveness of the market structure for the company’s operations. Note: In Assignment 1, the assumption was that the market structure [or selling environment] was perfectly competitive and that the equilibrium price was to be determined by setting QD equal to QS. You are now aware of recent changes in the selling environment that suggest an imperfectly competitive market where your firm now has substantial market power in setting its own “optimal” price.
2. Given that business operations have changed from the market structure specified in the original scenario in Assignment 1, determine two (2) likely factors that might have caused the change. Predict the primary manner in which this change would likely impact business operations in the new market environment.
3. Analyze the major short run and long cost functions for the low-calorie, frozen microwaveable food company given the cost functions below. Suggest substantive ways in which the low-calorie food company may use this information in order to make decisions in both the short-run and the long-run.
TC = 160,000,000 + 100Q + 0.0063212Q2
VC = 100Q + 0.0063212Q2
MC= 100 + 0.0126424Q
4. Determine the possible circumstances under which the company should discontinue operations. Suggest key actions that management should take in order to confront these circumstances. Provide a rationale for your response. (Hint: Your firm’s price must cover average variable costs in the short run and average total costs in the long run to continue operations.)
5. Suggest one (1) pricing policy that will enable your low-calorie, frozen microwavable food company to maximize profits. Provide a rationale for your suggestion.
6. Outline a plan, based on the information provided in the scenario, which the company could use in order to evaluate its financial performance. Consider all the key drivers of performance, such as company profit or loss for both the short term and long term, and the fundamental manner in which each factor influences managerial decisions.
7. Recommend two (2) actions that the company could take in order to improve its profitability and deliver more value to its stakeholders. Outline, in brief, a plan to implement your recommendations.
8. Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Mba502 Mtp2: Operations Decision
Length: 7 pages (1800 Words)
1. Outline a plan that will assess the effectiveness of the market structure for the company’s operations.
For the past years, they have experienced a rise in microwavable food goods in the market. In the modern society, through parents working and with increasing income in each household, these kinds of meals are convenient since it needs saves time on preparation and they are regarded as the treatment of food in each person’s home. These foodstuffs options are of importance for the entire family, for instance, students after school, dinner after having a long day or lunch for work (Wilkinson, 2016). The microwave has turned out to be the staple in a kitchen. By the application of microwaves becoming popular, same as the microwavable foods. Through many to select from, today more customers look for healthy options that encompass good sources of nutrition with fewer calories. The two top competitors for low-calorie microwavable food are Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice that are two main competitors in the market (Wilkinson, 2016).
* Once your purchase is processed by paypal you will be redirected back to this page and you'll have the option to download the paper. We'll also send the paper to your paypal email address as proof of purchase.Download Paper