1. On April 25, Gregg Repair Service extended an offer of $115,000 for land that had been priced for sale at $140,000. On May 3, Gregg Repair Service accepted the seller’s counteroffer of $127,000. On June 20, the land was assessed at a value of $88,000 for property tax purposes. On August 4, Gregg Repair Service was offered $150,000 for the land by a national retail chain. At what value should the land be recorded in Gregg Repair Service’s records?
2. Donner Company is selling a piece of land adjacent to their business. An appraisal reported the market value of the land to be $120,000. The Focus Company initially offered to buy the land for $107,000. The companies settled on a purchase price of $115,000. On the same day, another piece of land on the same block sold for $122,000. Under the cost concept, what is the amount that will be used to record this transaction in the accounting records?
3. The assets and liabilities of the company are $175,000 and $40,000, respectively. Owner’s equity should equal
4. If total liabilities decreased by $55,000 during a period of time and owner's equity increased by $60,000 during the same period, the amount and direction (increase or decrease) of the period's change in total assets is
5. If total assets decreased by $88,000 during a period of time and owner's equity increased by $65,000 during the same period, then the amount and direction (increase or decrease) of the period's change in total liabilities is
6. Land, originally purchased for $20,000, is sold for $75,000 in cash. What is the effect of the sale on the accounting equation?
Fundamentals Of Accounting Midterm Problems
Length: 5 pages (1000 Words)
Fundamentals of Accounting Midterm Exams (Problems)
1. ANS: D PTS: 1 DIF: Moderate NAT: AACSB Analytic | AICPA BBIndustry | ACBSPAPC02GAAP OBJ: 0102
2. ANS: B PTS: 1 DIF: Moderate OBJ: 0102
3. ANS: B PTS: 1 DIF: Easy OBJ: NAT: AACSB Analytic | AICPA FNMeasurement | ACBSPAPC06Recording Transactions 0103
* Once your purchase is processed by paypal you will be redirected back to this page and you'll have the option to download the paper. We'll also send the paper to your paypal email address as proof of purchase.Download Paper