* Once your purchase is processed by paypal you will be redirected back to this page and you'll have the option to download the paper. We'll also send the paper to your paypal email address as proof of purchase.Download Paper
Guerette, Rob T. (2007). “Immigration Policy, Border Security and Migrant Deaths: An
Impact Evaluation of Life Saving Efforts under the Border Safety Initiative.”
Criminology & Public Policy, 6(2): 201-222.
Kovandzic, T., Sloan, J., and Vieraitis, L. (2004. “’Striking Out’ as Crime Reduction
Policy: The Impact of ‘Three Strikes’ Laws on Crime Rates in U.S. Cities.”
Justice Quarterly, 21(2): 207-239.
D’Alessio, S; Stolzenberg, L., and Terry, W. Clinton III (1999). “Eyes on the Street”:
The Impact of Tennessee’s Emergency Cellular Telephone Program on Alcoholrelated
Fatal Crashes.” Crime and Delinquency, 45(4): 453- 466.
For each of these research articles perform the following:
1. Identify the research design used.
2. Specify the type of data used to conduct the analysis.
3. Identify the sampling procedure employed.
4. Specify the dependent variable of the study.
5. Present the key findings of the study.
6. Identify at least 3 limitations of the study (e.g. threats to validity, reliability, etc.)
and explain each.
Applied Research Methods Research Critique
Length: 3 pages (1650 Words)
Applied Research Methods-Research Critique
Immigration Policy, Border Security and Migrant Deaths: An Impact Evaluation of Life Saving Efforts under the Border Safety Initiative
Design used in the research
The descriptive research design was used to observe and describe the impact of immigration policies on migrant deaths. The research was characterized by case studies and observations of how natural behaviors of immigrants and security officers were affected by border security laws that were introduced.