Free Resources to Help with Your Essay Writing
The main reason why many young scholars consider essay writing to be a nightmare varies from one young scholar to another. But in many cases, you will find that this is caused by a lack of inspiration and information. Many educators and teachers are well-versed with the problems that afflict their learners when it comes to writing research and term papers
Often, it may appear as though the students are experiencing unknown difficulties when it comes to writing a thesis, coming up with a great movie or article review, or even in accomplishing a simple writing task.
However, all such a student needs is for him or her to be armed with the right information and to find inspiration to help them complete their writing assignments. Apart from being encouraged to download and install the dozens of writing tools that are now available for mobile devices, scholars can also be encouraged to check other web-based sources for help with academic writing.
Common resources that can help you with your essay writing include:
- Brainy Quote—This is the place to visit if you are a learner looking for credible citations for your paper. The website has the largest collection of quotes on different topics collected from various authors over the years.
- Coursera—It has proved to a valuable resource that each learner, regardless of their grade or level of education ought to know about, and visit every once in a while. The site provides free courses for students willing to tackle different fields. The courses are offered by many online-based and globally renowned universities.
- TED Talks—Does your term paper require you to research on various conferences? Do you need to find material in a different language? If this is the case, then this is the website you need to visit. It has thousands of videos obtained from different global conferences, all of which have been translated to more than a hundred languages. It is a great place to go for those looking for information to use in writing a thesis or to find the inspiration they need to complete a term paper.
- IPL—IPL stands for the Internet Public Library. As the name suggests, this is a library filled with information on different topics and subjects and is one that can prove invaluable to any learner looking to cover different subjects within a short duration.
- ChaCha—Unlike the other websites mentioned here, this is a place where learners can actually make inquiries on subjects that they may be covering. Learners are welcome to ask about topics that they like and can request for answers from some of the professional assistants available. The assistants can also them with ideas on where to go for additional information on the topics that they are researching.
- DMOZ—This is an online directory filled with research links. Learners are encouraged to visit the website and use it to search for reputable websites they can cite in their coursework or even use for research in other categories.
- Better Writing—This is a website provided to learners by Oxford Dictionaries. The site was launched with the aim of providing a broad array of resources that can be used by students looking to improve the quality of their term paper writings for better grades.
- The Free Dictionary—It serves as a collection of thesauruses, encyclopedias, and dictionaries. In it, you will find an exhaustive list of abbreviations and idioms; a complete list of reference books as well as access to Wikipedia.
- Scholarpedia—It is very similar to the ordinary Wikipedia, but is a website that is very useful for learners. The reason for this being that all the content in it has been researched and written by scholars drawn from different parts of the world, each covering a different aspect of the academic world.
Writing and Literacy Instructions
As the name suggests, this is a category comprising of tools and websites where students can go for clarification on essay writing terms that they may across in the course of their research.
- Grammar Girl—It is the place to visit if you are yet well-versed with the various grammar rules. It is comprehensive in that it lists all the rules and also provides various guides that you may need to familiarize yourself with different writing styles, spelling, punctuation and word usage.
- Academhack—A resource designed for students who would like to learn the best ways to follow when writing term papers. Students can use it to learn efficient ways of drafting their papers as it provides various web-based tools to guide them through each and every step.
- The OWL—It provides free access to the Writing Lab based at Purdue University. You can use it to get instructions from the lab on how to make your writing better as well as improve your flow of ideas.
- Daily Writing Tips—Visit it for useful tips on grammar, spelling, and writing. It also has essential pointers on improving your vocabulary. The team behind it has also included valuable advice drawn from various professionals on how to go about selecting a good writing style, as well as tips that you can rely on to generate the best ideas when writing a thesis paper.
Are you working with other learners in your class and would like to ensure that all of you are updated on the progress being made? Would you like to expose your students to other people in the writing community that can help them improve their writing skills? If so, consider these tools below:
- Writing.com—It is an online community comprising of people who have a deep interest in writing. It helps connect people who are looking for tools to aid their writing or for instructions that can assist them to become better writers.
- Basecamp—This is an online project that was established with the main aim of assisting multiple learners, scholars, or individuals collaborate on projects with each other. It can also be used to write collectively, brainstorm writing ideas, make contributions to the group and personal blogs, as well as share and edit all types of documents.
- Upworthy—It comprises of a great combination of sets that lets learners find the information that they may need in order to get writing muses.
- Quora—If you are a tutor, this is the website you need to direct your students to. Here, they will get to ask questions that can help them get ahead with their essay writing, share ideas, and even find useful links to research material that will greatly improve their writing styles.
Learners will from time to time need to find certain books for research purposes or in order to advance their knowledge. Given that not everyone can head to the university library for research purposes, the following book sources should come in handy:
- 50 Places to Find Books—a valuable resource that will help any learner, regardless of their current education levels find fifty places where they can go to locate textbooks and free audiobooks. It is filled with information on sources for both fiction and non-fiction books making it an interesting read.
- Goodreads—the website comprises an all-encompassing list of book recommendations and reviews. These are books that will assist learners to find the best books to use when researching, writing a review, or when citing sources for their term papers.
- ManyBooks—an educational resource that can be used by learners to locate books on any topics under the sun. It can be used for research or inspiration purposes.
Mobile and web-based applications have made it easier for learners to organize their writings, jot down ideas, and even research new topics all from the comfort of their dorms and homes. The following are leading applications all learners should consider downloading:
- Jott—recommended for that student who wants to collect ideas before they can start writing. It can also be used to record voice clips. The application can be used by a learner to turn any voice recording into text.
- Zoho—for that student who has found it necessary to improve their writing productivity so as to complete a certain task within the specified deadline.
- College Ruled—are you a learner who has to keep their work scheduled and organized? Then this is a must-have application for your smartphone.
- Bib me—formatting an essay can prove to be a cumbersome task for a learner who has not done it before. This application is here to help you with formatting. It will ensure that your work has the correct citation style (Turabian, MLA, Chicago, or APA).
- Zotero—for young scholars that need to collect and organize the list of sources that they will be using to cite their work.
The above free resources will help you enhance your essay writing skills as you also get to learn the numerous advantages that come with using free online-based education resources. Papersmarketplace also offers a collection of revision papers whic can help you find inspiration or ideas with your Homework or term paper. Use the search button to search for topic or question and you might find resources that you're looking for.