Popular Biology Research Topics for Students
As a biology student, part of your course work will be to write assignments and research papers. To come up with an excellent paper, with a strong thesis statement, you need interesting biology research topics that are intriguing as well as relevant. They should also create the need for further studies and help to solve some of the biological problems currently facing the world.
What are some biology topics to research?
There are countless great biology topics that you can select for your research paper. Some are more complex than others. Others have been written about by many other students while others are yet to be tackled. Find unique topics and conduct extensive research to get adequate information on the trending topics.
You can also look at some of the numerous issues that have become incredibly popular in the world. These include abortion, transplantation, human cloning and genetic disorders.
Are you just about to start writing your biology research paper and you still don't have a thesis idea? Below is a list of researchable topics for biology that you can consider.
Animal biology research topics
There is a variety of topics here that students can write about. You can research different biological principles and how they are applied to animals.
- What inhibits growth in animals?
- The differences and similarities between animal science and veterinary medicine
- Modern home pets
- Obesity in domestic animals
- Hormonal imbalances in animals
- Camouflage in wild animals
- Mating in sea creatures
- Pregnancies in animals
- Do animals communicate with each other?
- Abuse of both wild and domestic animals
- How does meat population affect the animal population?
- Traditional and modern dog diets and how they affect dog health
Behavior and hormones biology research topics
Topics revolving around human behavior and hormones are becoming more popular, especially because people need to understand the moods of others and their reactions to situations. There is also a plethora of hormone-related disorders that many people are suffering from. You can write your research paper to create awareness about them and also help to come up with possible solutions.
- Hormonal effects on human behavior
- Reasons for and against hormonal therapy
- Antibiotic resistance in the human body
- The causes of bipolar disorder
- The role of hormones in pregnancy
- Male hormones and their functions
- How do hormones affect people's sleep cycles?
- Hormones involved in sexual activity and reproductive cycles
- The biology behind homophobia
- Hormones and depression
- Endocrine disorders
- Hormones that affect the nervous system
Immune system biology research topics
It is important to know about the human immune system and the role that it plays in our well-being. There are different topics that you can handle in this category.
- Child and adult immunization
- The main cells of the human immune system
- Why children should be vaccinated
- How people from different parts of the world perceive vaccination
- The side effects of biologic therapy
- The types of cancer that can be treated using immunotherapy
- How stress affects the immune system
- Adrenal insufficiency and the immune system
- Cortisol and immune response
Topics on the history of biology
Here is a pool of topics that you can base your academic research paper on about the history of biology.
- The Natural Selection Theory
- Charles Darwin's theory of evolution
- How was biology discovered?
- Evolution and biogeography
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek and his role in cell theory
- The germ theory of disease
- Proteomics and genomics
- Natural philosophy
- The roots of modern biology
- How animal physiology began
Plant pathology biology research topics
The following are some excellent plant pathology research topics that you can consider handling.
- Plant disease management
- Mycotoxins in crops
- Weeds and their effects on plant growth
- Fungus in plants
- Popular diseases in plants
- Plants' defenses against various pathogens
- Plant disease diagnosis
- How Oomycete spores affect plants
- Causes of stunted growth in plants
- Plant evolutionary genetics
- Photosynthesis and other processes in plants
- Effects of fertilizers and manure on plants
Biology research topics on genetics
Research topics on genetics are fascinating. Students can choose some of them to not only write attention-grabbing papers but also to discover various facts.
- The human DNA
- Is it possible to recover dinosaur DNA?
- Are allergies connected to a person's genes?
- DNA-modified living organisms
- Do human clones think alike?
- How people perceive human cloning
- Gene mutations and their causes
- Can gene mutations be used to fight HIV?
- The genetics behind identical and fraternal twins
- Gene disorders
- Nucleic acids
- Types of blood groups
- The advantages of transplantation
- Is homosexuality hereditary?
There is no limit to the research topics about biology that a student can write about. Before you start writing your paper, compile a great list of biology research topics. From there, you can select one that you are passionate about and give it your best. Remember that one topic might be more challenging to write about than the other. Ensure that yours is researchable before you get started.
Begin writing interesting biology thesis using the topics above. They are suite for students from any levels. The biology questions may get tough and tiresome and it is the reason you need a masters or PhD expert to handle it. Never be reluctant from seeking help from homework helpers at Papersmarketplace.com. Tip: Choose the topic you love and get credible results.